Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cross Country

Annie has taken up Cross Country. Why anyone would want to run for fun is beyond me. However, she's a force to be reckoned with. Though only in 6th grade and competing for the first time and competing with 7th and 8th graders, she had consistently been in the top 13 from the very first meet. Her first meet she took 13th. Her second meet she was 9th. Her third meet she was 9th, and the latest meet she was 10th (due to slacking over the holidays, ;}). Next week is championships where she will medal if she places in the top 10. She will also medal if she is in the top 3 in her grade. She would have qualified for both medals in all the meets (minus the first one) if they gave out medal in those races! GO Annie!Run! Don't Talk!
We accused her of being too nice and letting her teammate go ahead of her. "Next time, push her down and take the lead!!" I have such nice kids. I know they get it from me!
9th Place (video is messed up. I will repost and fix it soon.)


Here are some pics of yesterday's meet:
The starting line

Halfway done

10th place (the video runs too fast. I am trying to fix the problem and will repost it.)

1 comment:

Kay said...

This sport seems to be a perfect match for Annie! Way to go!