Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Where the blog have you been?

I am often put to shame by my siblings and my mother in the realm of the blogging world. There is so much I have to share, yet sharing takes time. Most of my procrastination is due to not having the pictures to go with the story. I have the pictures so now I will blog overload on any who are brave enough to read.

We last left you with a stirring video from You tube that we found hilarious. We have yet to film Kristen doing her rendition of that video. Someday, we'll indulge. However, as I was looking through the pictures that I wanted to post on the blog, I ran across a few videos that the kids did almost 2 years ago. I may post others in future posts, but I wanted to post my favorite first. Here is Big Z (when he was a big bigger, though he was much shorter) performing "Numa Numa". I will apologize in advance for the camera turning sideways. I don't know what Noshoes was thinking.



I'm sure Z would rather that one disappeared. We won't publish that on You tube. However, they have published his lonely day video. Anyway, onward and upward.

Next topic: Holy Graduation Yazzies!!!

Well, the Yazzies have arrived in 2008. 4 out of 6 of us graduated this year in some capacity or another. I need a lesson on how to post pictures as a slideshow. Until then, I have compiled them into a movie. It's my first movie. How'd I do?

Noshoes graduation was rainy, which was unseasonable. Her graduating class had to be split into 2 sessions to have almost enough room to get everyone in the fine arts center. It was kind of a bummer for her since her friends were split into two. But it came off pretty good. We had a taxi service (DeAnna Yazzie) since there was no parking except at the seminary building 1/4 mile away. So we opted for curbside service since they live so close to the school. Thanks, DeAnna.



Brian and Jenny's graduation would have been uneventful except that the Yazzies can't have an event without drama. We had a pre-party since we had to travel half way to Los Angeles to attend the 5 pm commencement exercises at University of Phoenix stadium. We didn't think that anyone except our parents and captive children would attend, so we had lunch before we left. It was fun to showcase our house and visit with friends and family. The party went off without a hitch. (We did have many conversations regarding our broken glass door, however.) The excitement came with the processional as we were descending the massive stairs to the stadium floor. Brian has had some problems with his knee as many of you may already know. An MRI 3 weeks previous had not revealed anything abnormal, but his knee was still not right. On the descent, something in his knee popped. He continued to descend although he should have stopped and taken the elevator; but we were trapped by all the other graduates. Nothing was going to keep Brian from participating in this momentous occasion. He walked across the stage, praying for strength the whole time. After the ceremony, he attempted to walk and his leg just couldn't do it. We summoned a golf cart escort to our car. We skipped all the hoopla after the event since Brian was in obvious pain. Who wants to linger anyway. We had a 1/2 days journey back home too.

The long story short is that he has 2 tears in his meniscus and will have surgery on August 11. Woo-Hoo!

Next! - Kristen's birthday


She wanted a kid party but the way she said it was a "party with no moms". So we didn't invite the moms. Here are a couple of pics of her party.



Our trip to Holbrook mid-June:

We took a trip to Holbrook and then on to the Hopi reservation for a Kachina Dance. We had some fun playing outside in weather that was wonderful! We are caged animals in the summer in Gilbert. Maybe we are animals regardless. You decide:


Krispy Kreme feels right at home. this pic is a collage from '06 and '08. It's the same pose!!! (unknowingly, of course. Noshoes realized the similarity.)


Here's the trip out to Hopi. Big Z is relaxing in the back of the truck.

And here is the Gorilla head we must point out each time we pass it.

Nice sunburn, Z.

Boredom has taken over. Krispy sleeps while Annie defaces her shoes.




Let's call that good for now. I will post part 2 tomorrow (maybe).





No comments: