Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Where the blog? (Part Duex)

BYU on the brain, I mean, the wall:

One of my funnest projects to date is the painting of the BYU mural on Big Z's wall. His room was a pretty violet with sheer curtains, but he was not having that.

We undertook the project as a show of our obsession for BYU. The original attempt at BYU tan (which the swatch was called) was not tan at all. Take a look:



More like pea soup or baby poop. We took it back for a refund due to their mistake and got the right color... much better.


Then we painted the logo. I'd like to say that I am personally adept at freehand painting but alas, I am not. BUT... I am skillful with a laptop, an LCD projector, and a pencil. We didn't think to capture the work in progress, but it didn't look promising as a work of art until we were quite far along.


Homestead Happiness
We always love visiting the homestead, but it's been especially fun since we have our own lodging accommodations. Here are some pictures of our experience. My sister, Kay, has done her own good job of posting many pictures about her experience and I have some from my (well Noshoes') point of view. I think a slideshow would be better to get more pictures up but I will have to entertain you with another short video.

Provo Prowling

From the Homestead, we took a trip to Utah, namely to Provo. Brian was exploring the option of becoming the Executive Director for the Utah Valley Boys & Girls Club. We wanted to get a feel of the area and the organization. Well, truth be told, any excuse to step on the hallowed ground of the cougars is a good excuse. We spent one day "hanging out" with the BYU football players. Brian's aunt is the massage therapist for the 1st string football players. We got a behind the scenes tour of the facility. It was cool. We saw these drawings on cardboard that Bronco Mendenhall called shields that the players did last year as they were prepping for the season. Here's Max Hall's:

We met Fui Vakapuna and a few others that I can't name. We got to see Lavell Edwards leaving the building after commenting on his parking job (We didn't know who parked like that or we wouldn't have bad mouthed the parking job) :) It was an experience that we all enjoyed but Brian was giddy over and Zack's desire to play there was strengthened. The team members and trainers were all impressed with his size (comparative to his age).

We paid homage to the stadium and said "hey" to Cosmo the cougar. Kristen wouldn't leave his side. When we left, she was adamant that she hadn't spent enough time with the cuddly creature.





The trip there and back was long and tedious as you can probably guess.



We didn't stop too often so we took scenic pictures while driving cuz that's how we roll. No time for nonsense.


I think that should about cover our summer. School starts on Monday (August 4) and it will be Kristen's first day of school. Let's see how long it takes to blog about that.

3 comments:

Kay said...

I can't believe you painted that! Why didn't I get any of mom's painting talent?! It looks great though!

Anonymous said...

yeah mom we're pretty amazing!!
we should do professional painting!!! haha ... NOT!

ps. is it weird to comment on our own blog?? Lol.

Jenny said...

Sure it's weird, but it looks good that we have so many comments. :) LOL