Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Great man, A Great Prophet


"Gordon B. Hinckley, president of the nearly 13-million member Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, died today. He was 97. Hinckley died at his apartment in downtown Salt Lake City tonight ``from causes incident to age,'' according to a statement on the church's Web site...When Hinckley was ordained at age 84, Mormons hailed him as a man of vigor and good health."

I was at a Laurel/Priest activity when I heard the news, ironically we talked about making goals and choices. Making goals of where we want to be in life. and when I heard the news my feelings were mixed, but I was more happy and excited. I felt that I shouldn't be sad; because president Hinckley lived an AMAZING life. One that I'm sure many people dream of. I know that he is with our Heavenly Father, and as well as his eternal companion. He was a man of inspiration and greatness. I know that now, is the time to seriously look at where we're at in life, and turly think about what's important in life. I know that as a final generation, I have a lot of responsibility on me that will only keep me motivated to keep moving foreward. I am grateful to know that there is a life after this and that were all taken care of as long as we're obedient and steadfast in this life. President Hinckley was an amazing man. :)

No comments: