Sunday, June 1, 2008

How to throw a party:

The Setting: Noshoes' birthday and graduation party, Monday, May 26th. We moved all our stuff on that day and had a party at our vacant house on that same night. What were we thinking? I have no idea. Whose stupid idea was it to move and host 60 people on the same day? Well it seemed like a good idea at the time. We had Luau food: Kalua pig, rice, chicken long rice, cole slaw and cake. We invited family and friends to celebrate Noshoes' 18th birthday and High School graduation. It seemed harmless enough and the arrangement worked out well since we needed all our space in our house for the chairs and tables so everyone could eat in air conditioned space.




Next, we took the party to our new house to show it off. We had about 25 people follow us over and we stood around talking and enjoying the company. The kids were outside wrestling and playing. I was in the front room chatting when I heard a sickening crash in the kitchen. Swearing, I ran in to find 2 kids on the floor on top of my shattered, dual-paned, sliding glass door. The glass was crackling and splitting all around them and Dad tried to help the kids up so as not to have them get cut any further. The two kids were brother and sister (ages 11 and 14)and their mom was mortified and angry (as I'm sure I would have been in her shoes). Sadly, I was relieved that they were not my kids.


Thank goodness for safety glass. All the while cleaning up the mess, we heard horror stories of people going through glass and not surviving or getting cut pretty bad. These two kids walked away with only minor cuts and scatches and glass down their underwear. I've picked up some stray glass in my feet here and there since that day. I've had my share of broken glass for awhile.







Thanks family for helping out! I knew they were good for something. :) I was helping to sweep when another catastrophe hit. Krispy Kreme and Zack were playing in the backyard. We have these wonderful rubber rocks in our play area. Anyway, they were throwing them at each other and Krispy Kreme got one IN her eye! Screaming, she was brought inside over the crunching glass and I laid her on the counter and extracted the foreign object out of her eye.

"Boo" also fell halfway down the stairs. Do the Yazzies know how to party or what?

3 comments:

John and Laura said...

Wish we could have been there. We'd have gladly fallen down some stairs or tripped over broken glass to liven up the party!

So glad no one got hurt.

Happy Birthday/Graduation, Chelle!!

Kay said...

Glad I'm good for something! Thanks for not post the shot of my bummy for all the world to see... Ü

Anonymous said...

What a wild and raucous bunch of people you hang with, crashing windows and hurling rocks! Looks like a flood of glass!

The paint job looks great - can't wait to see everything moved in.
XOXOXO from SWWA