Friday, January 16, 2009

Fiesta Bowl Parade January 3, 2009

I had anticipated that No Shoes would have blogged about the parade or at least some aspect of it so I then proceeded to forget that I was going to do it.
Anyway, the Fiesta Bowl Parade has become a tradition in our Family. We get up early in the morning to travel to downtown Phoenix (40-45 minutes on a good day) to get the best seats in the parade. Our troubles pay off. We have gotten front row seats for our early morning efforts. It is chilly but bearable. We bring blankets and hot cocoa to keep us warm. We have debated not coming for the last couple of years, but we go anyway and end up having fun. This year was especially exciting. The Grand Marshall was David Henrie. He is a Disney Channel Star (Wizards of Waverly Place) so that was especially cool. He was close to us and if he'd have turned around and faced us we would have have a GREAT picture, but he stayed posed to the other side while he passed. SO... I did what any good paparazzi would do. I ran down past his car and waited for a good shot. I got it! Here are those shots.
Enjoy the other pictures of our day. :)
Nichelle and friend, Janessa and BrianZ and friend, DavidKrispy just chillin' (literally)Annie and friend, Alyssa

Cotton Candy Unicorn:Spongebob and Friends:Darth Vadar and ... Friends?Well, you get the picture:

2 comments:

Grandma in NEAZ said...

Fun pictures. You guys know the good places to go, as well as the best times to get there.

We were never that ambitious.

Nichelle said...

i think i will ALWAYS laugh at this fiesta bowl year and say "and it was all down hill from here!" haha